Michele Brancati was born on April 2, 1977 in Reggio Calabria.
After finishing academic studies in Cinema and Photography at DAMS (Discipline of Arts, Music and Spectacle) in Bologna, he continued his study in photojournalism at the Italian Photography Institute in Milan.
In 2008 he lived at the border of Slovak-Ukraine to do documentary photography about living conditions in immigrant centers.
In 2009 he went to Estonia and Latvia to do documentary photography about the socio-political situation behind the European elections.
His reportage not only has been published by different professional photo journals, but by many different national daily newspapers too, as well as being shown on Night Line (Linea Notte) of the Rai broadcasting channel.
He was a participant in the “Cohabitation, Integration and Dialogue among Cultures” in Italy and abroad, and he presented his works at different solo and group exhibitions.
In addition, he also has worked on musical and theatral events and he has been an official photographer of the International Festival of Jazz in Orsara di Puglia, for 3 years.
At present he lives and works in Colonia as a freelance reporter.
- 2017 Mannheim- Ten Gallery. “Alcova”
- 2015 Museum of Arts and Crafts in Zagreb
- 2015 Rovinj Photofestival
- 2014 Bibbiena- Centro Italiano Fotografia d’Autore
- 2012 Torino- Galleria Raffaella De Chirico. Project T-Raum
- 2012 Lodz (Polonia)-Bagdad Cafè- Poporno. “Alcova”
- 2011 Berlino – Laika- 48 Stunden Neukolln. “Alcova”- “Into the Circus”
- 2011 Firenze – Seravezza Festival 2011 . “Esistere di fatto”
- 2011 Milano – Studio legale Lexellent. “TvSHOTS”
- 2010 Bologna – Galleria Elastico. “Esistere di fatto” Festival Internazionale Gender Bender
- 2010 San Miniato (Pt). Centro Nazionale Fotografia di Spettacolo. “Into the Circus”
- 2008 Bruxelles – Les Halls Saint-Gery.
- 2008 Milano – Spazio Culturale Dynamo. Lungo la linea di confine
- 2007 Roma- Museo di Roma in Trastevere. “Quando l’immigrazione produce”
- 2016 Jacopo Catalog Hellerau Photography Award 2016. Dresden. Germania
- 2015 Jacopo Der Greif Magazine. Germania
- 2015 Alcova Witty Magazine. Italia
- 2014 Alcova C-41 Magazine. Italia
- 2011 Esistere di fatto Platerform Magazine. Francia
- 2011 Esistere di fatto Repubblica.it
- 2011 Esistere di fattoWitness Journal Magazine
- 2010 Esistere di fatto Quotidiano di Calabria
- 2009 Motel K2Fotocult (febbraio 2009)
- 2009 Quando l’immigrazione producePalombi Editori
- 2008 Slovak Corriere della sera.it
- 2008 Slovak Witness Journal Magazine
- 2008 Slovak Linea Notte Tg3 Rai
- 2008 Slovak Rivista Altri. Roma
- 2016 Finalist Hellerau Photography Award 2016
- 2015 2°Prize Rovinj Photodays 2015
- 2014 Finalist Portfolio Italia 2014
- 2014 Award MiCamera 2014- SiFest 2014
- 2011 Award Hf Distribuzione – Premio Internazionale Rovereto Immagini 2011 Rovereto
- 2010 Finalist- Premio Internazionale Luca Pron- Museo Nazionale del cinema di Torino
- 2010 3 Bronze Award – Categoria Reportage- International Photography Award di Orvieto 2010
- 2010 Finalist Portfolio Review al Trofeo Pontevecchio 2010- Bologna